APPG on Coronavirus Meeting 01
Wednesday, 22 July 2020, 11.00am
In Attendance: Layla Moran MP, Dr Philippa Whitford MP, Munira Wilson MP, Baroness Masham of Ilton, Clive Lewis MP, Wendy Chamberlain MP, Jonathan Foster (Office of Dan Poulter MP).
Non-voting attendees: Tom Brufatto (Secretariat), Jennifer Watson (Secretariat), Jack Valentine (Office of Layla Moran MP).
Apologies: Caroline Luca MP
- Adoption of Inauguration Meeting Minutes Minutes of the Inauguration meeting of the APPG on Coronavirus were adopted.
- Adoption of APPG on Coronavirus Terms of Reference (ToR)
The APPG on Coronavirus ToR was adopted, with additional items including:
- Medicine shortages
- Contact tracing mobile phone application
- The prioritisation of people in at risk/vulnerable categories
- The relative impact and effectiveness of locally-led / nationally-led response
- Adoption of APPG on Coronavirus Work Programme
The APPG on Coronavirus work programme was adopted.
- Evidence submitted to date
It was agreed that the upcoming APPG Oral Evidence Session should hear from the BMA, NHS Confederation and Age UK.
March for Change Campaign 4th Floor Tuition House, 27/37 St George's Road, Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom, SW19 4EU
In Attendance: Layla Moran MP, Dr Dan Poulter MP, Liz Saville-Roberts MP, Dr Philippa Whitford MP, Baroness Jenny Jones, Debbie Abrahams MP, Munira Wilson MP, Baroness Masham of Ilton
Non-voting attendees: Tom Brufatto, Dr Mike Galsworthy, Sam Payne, Ellie Dyer.
Apologies: Clive Lewis MP, Caroline Lucas MP
1. Election of the Chair of the APPG on Coronavirus
Layla Moran MP was elected Chair of the APPG unanimously.
2. Election of Vice Chairs of the APPG on Coronavirus
Dr Dan Poulter MP, Liz Saville-Roberts MP, Dr Philippa Whitford MP, Baroness Jenny Jones, Debbie Abrahams MP, Munira Wilson MP were elected as Vice Chairs of the group unanimously.
Clive Lewis MP was elected Vice Chair of the group in absentia, unanimously.
3. APPG Meeting Frequency and Recurrence
The group decided to meet every other Wednesday morning, including during recess. Time of the meeting will be agreed via email.