In Attendance: Layla Moran MP, Dr Philippa Whitford MP, Caroline Lucas MP, Dr Dan Poulter MP, Clive Lewis MP, Lord Strasburger, Baroness Finlay, Barbara Keeley MP, Lord Russell, Baroness Masham, Debbie Abrahams MP. Non-voting attendees: Tom Brufatto (Secretariat), Jennifer Watson (Secretariat), Lizzy Price (Secretariat), Sam Payne (Office of Layla Moran MP)
Apologies: Munira Wilson MP
- Approval of the Interim Report
There was a general discussion about the content of the report. Some APPG members had submitted feedback in writing prior to the meeting, and this was discussed at the same time.
The following changes were agreed:
- Expand the Covid-Secure UK section.
- Strengthen the recommendation on Find, Test, Trace, Isolate and Support, highlighting the issues for isolation and the failure of the outsourced test and trace contracts.
- Strengthen the recommendation on visiting those in social care.
- Strengthen the recommendation on Long Covid to include the creation of a Long Covid Registry.
- Strengthen the recommendations on Mental Health.
- Include a Recommendation on access to testing.
- Layla to provide a Foreword to be circulated to Members with other changes.
Add the names of those Peers who have made regular contributions. ● Include a reference to Norway/Finland in the International Comparisons section.
- Ensure that it is as collaborative and cross-party in all the language.
Subject to those changes being circulated and agreed, the Interim Report was approved unanimously.